Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hopeless romantic

Frozen winter stalks, Home
Watched the 1989 classic movie, Say Anything, and fell in love with the young John Cusack again.  Not to be a huge cheeseball but there's something about the famous boombox scene that gets to me.  Maybe, just maybe, I'm a hopeless romantic under the "I don't care" facade.  There's something about Lloyd Dobler's irresistible character, that long tacky trench coat and lovesick expression that keeps that scene replaying over and over even after 20 years. Sigh.

On another note, looks like I'm going to Latin America this summer - destination soon to be known !!!  Literally the email went like this: "Based on your language skills, we have no reservations offering an ambassadorship in Latin America."  Are you kidding me??

No comments:

Post a Comment