Thursday, January 20, 2011

Eating seven sofas and two chairs in a lifetime

Square 1682: Happy Hour, Philadelphia
So I was watching this Discovery Health show yesterday called My Strange Addiction because I was switching channels from that creepy TLC show Toddlers and TiarasIt's about these people who have major issues from their past and it's manifested in crazy ways like some woman is addicted to eating sofa stuffing (she still is), another girl eats chalk non-stop and another wears furry animal costumes ever since her dad passed away.  It's funny how the world works, how we deal with our problems that we keep pushing down.  I really wonder about the amount of denial it takes to cope.  How much control you need to feel sane again.  I never really had an extremely traumatic experience like that.  But I realized that it takes a lot of courage to face things the way they are.  Real courage and sometimes you don't have the strength.  I'm learning more that a lot of times, part of moving on is accepting things the way they are.

By the way, if you want to see some people with truly major issues, just watch the parents on Toddlers and Tiaras. That show is just plain scary to me. It might be because I'm scared of dolls...

No comments:

Post a Comment