Monday, January 10, 2011

Eyes wide open

Skyline view of Manhattan with traveling plane (the blue dots), Jersey City
Found out my boss is pregnant today! I can't believe I didn't notice the bump but scrubs certainly do a good job of covering that. I've decided this will be my go-to outfit once I have kids. I've also decided I will carry a box of chocolates with me at all times. Stress-o-meter at work has been off the charts lately especially now that I have a deadline! Even so, I decided not to bring work home. It's a habit from college and the workaholic mentality but it's important to be at your best at work and be at your best at home. I'm (very slowly) learning the value of that.

I got a good chunk of reading done on the train today.  Currently: Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man. I'm only on chapter 3 but this motif of blindness is prevalent. People certainly choose to be blind to things and the reason why classics become classics is because it still resonates with people today. Blindness is often thought of something that is afflicted on someone but it is also something we choose. It is most dangerous when someone is lured under facades of human kindness and smiles. We choose to see the good and leave the ugly parts out. I hope you know what I'm talking about, if you don't, you probably just think I'm neurotically psycho. Discernment is necessary and that I am still learning but as we go through life, we must discern!

No comments:

Post a Comment